Sunday, December 15, 2013

Revlon - Coast Is Clear

In Rhode Island (and there are a few in other states... why?), we have this great (and I use that term loosely) store called the Ocean State Job Lot.  I have no idea what the name even means, except for the "Ocean State" part, but sometimes you can find some diamonds in the rough.  One example is this great Revlon polish called Coast Is Clear that I got for $1.49!




Here is a close-up of the bottle.  There is a ton of shimmer in this polish.

It went on smoothly.  I think I used two coats for this.

For the accent nail I used Sally Hansen Triple Shine in Fanta-Sea.  It is intensely sparkly.

I'm pretty sure that Coast Is Clear chipped rather quickly (actually, I think you can see a tiny spot on my pinky where it had... and this was the day I put it on).

This is a kind of bottle shot of Fanta-Sea.  But look at it!!

Shout out to my stubby pointer-finger nail.  I'm pretty sure I break them every time that I'm at work.


It even looked nice in the shade, which you can't say about every polish.

Despite the immediate chipping, Coast Is Clear is a really fun color.  And at $1.49, how can you go wrong?  I think this was part of a collection (there were more polishes with beachy names -- I told myself I did not need them all) but I don't know when it's from.  I had never even seen this color before.

In case you're curious about the history of Ocean State Job Lot, here's some biographical information.  Also, they call themselves the "Home of Adventure Shopping."  You can't make this stuff up!

No comments:

Post a Comment