Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Nail Art Challenge - June 1st - Summer Nails


I think that doing this particular nail art challenge will be fun, since it's not an every day kind of thing.  The nail art for the First of June was Summer Nails.  I decided to use some vibrant colors to do something simple.

Here it is in direct sunlight.  The purple is China Glaze Purple Panic.  The yellow is China Glaze Celtic Sun.  The green with the glitters on my pinky is Lush Lacquer Green Genie.




Lush Lacquer Green Genie, CG Celtic Sun and CG Purple Panic.

This was my first time ever doing braided nail art, so it came out a little messy.


Here's a close-up.  The yellow didn't do very well covering up the purple, so it kind of looks a little orange in person.  I love all of the colored glitters in Green Genie; they're more vibrant in person and include pink, purple, blue, lime green and orange hex glitters -- both big and small.

Here are a couple in the shade, the only light being the light that was coming in through the window.

Not as smooth as it could have been, but whenever I put a lot of top coat on, the polish literally pops off in one fell swoop.



June 4th's nail art theme is flowers, which I'm quite excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment