Sunday, February 9, 2014

Milani 2014 Gold Label Nail Lacquers: Glitters!

Milani Cosmetics has twelve new polishes out for Spring 2013, creams and glitters.  Since I work at CVS, I got first dibs and grabbed all the new glitter polishes.  These polishes are unlike any I have and I really liked the way they applied and wore.






Two dab-and-smear coats of Sugar Rush over a cream-colored base.  This was the color that initially caught my eye because it is pastel but bold all at the same time.

Here is a close up of Sugar Rush in the bottle!  It has quite a unique mix of pastel and holo glitters.

Here is two coats of Sugar Burst over a metallic-y pink base with a matte topcoat.  This polish didn't require much dabbing and since it went on smoothly and evenly.  Without a topcoat it is rough to the touch.

Check out this sweet close-up!  There are tons of different-shaped pink glitters along with little tiny holo ones.

Sugar Coated is very similar to Sugar Burst except it's green instead of pink!  This would look lovely over a variety of colors, but I picked a green, shimmer jelly.

And the close up shows the little holo glitters swimming throughout the different-shaped green ones!

I made it into a jelly sandwich for fun.

Sugar Cane is a really fabulous glitter topper full of not only purple glitters in many shapes and sizes, but holo glitters and white ones as well.  I have to say this is probably the most beautiful of the whole group, especially in the sunlight.  The only problem I had was that the littler bar glitters like to stick up off of the nail.

Look at all the different glitters!

I did a blurry shot so you can see the holographic awesomeness in action.

I'm sorry about the different lighting and lack of a bottle shot for these last two.  I did them on a separate day, and they chipped at work.  I re-did them, then they chipped again.  When I did them the third time I decided to just take pictures underneath a desk lamp because I knew that, with my luck, they would chip in my sleep! Anyway...
This is two coats of Sugar High.  I think this polish would look lovely over almost any color!  Maybe a light mint green, or coral.  I chose a deep red so that all of the colors could easily be seen.

And last, but certainly not least, is Sugar Rim.  This one kind of reminds me of the colors found in the stone turquoise.  I used it over a grey base but I think it would really look nice over a dark blue, purple or even pink.

So that's it!  These are $5.99 at CVS (though I used coupons and got all six for only about $14).  As a whole, they wore well and looked really beautiful in many different types of lighting, including under the cover of clouds.  They are so unique!







No comments:

Post a Comment